Monday, April 1, 2013

The Script Live in Manila 2013

LAST NIGHT WAS AWESOME!!

It's not just a simple concert last night, there are also twists and turns of our mini adventure. Of course it all happened because of our love for The Script!

My friends and I arrived at 6 PM and the line was freaking long already. Good thing we've still managed to find a good seat at the Upper Box B section. We waited for 2 hours and were singing to the background songs.

*drum rolls* and then the boys came out! They sang Good Ol days first and all felt so good. Of course everyone stood up and we were waiving our glow sticks and shit while others are taking videos. You can hear the crowd singing "Ohhhhhhhhh, oooooohhhh" it was really freaking awesome!



They sang "We Cry" next that followed up by "Breakeven" which made the crowd go wilder. I was screaming at the top of my lungs that I regretted it because all my videos are.. well, me screaming at every song. Who wouldn't, right?!

The crowd were all standing until "Science and Faith." Danny asked the audience if we could sing the next song for him! And then the tunes of "The Man Who Can't be Moved" ruled the big dome. And there we are, singing to the first half of the song without Danny even singing. It was our moment, and it was beautiful. Then Danny finally took over, but our talents of singing didn't stop there. We still sang along. It was the first song I heard from The Script, so it was really memorable for me. Cause what If never had the chance to watch the video on MYX, would I still be in the big dome last night?



6th song was "If You Could Sing Me Now" It's a very emotional song because I think Danny composed it for his Dad who died. Mark Sheehan rapping was the best, everyone is so used to Danny singing but when Mark sang, the crowd cheered on.

"Before the Worst" ohhh I really loved that song! Memories and memories of broken hearts are coming back to me. Followed up by "Talk you Down" and I swear I remember that time when my friends and I went to Karaoke Hub and I was holding the mic the whole time and singing The Script songs while my friends are so irritated at me. Good times, good times. Then Danny and Mark drank a bottle of beer! bottoms up!

And then "Nothing" came along. Danny told us to call/text our exes. He literally grab a phone from the audiences and I don't know if that was true, but he said "Migs (Not sure with the name), I hope you're listenin" and we all screamed. Cause deym that girl's phone is so lucky! And while Danny was singing he was holding the phone to his ears while everyone is so jealous. Not just because of the phone but also of that guy he called. LOL. and of course the owner of the phone.



My friend beside me wished that they'd play "I'm Yours" and they did! First the spotlight was on Danny and then Mark and Glenn joined. Danny said that he wrote that song in L.A. with his guitar, hopes and dreams. It's the only song that made us all relaxed for a while because we're all hyped out.

And of course the infamous "6 Degrees of Separation" I saw the crowd's hands counting to every number. It was really cute. Then the tunes of "For the 1st time" echoed.



They went back stage shortly and you won't believe it! When Mark and Glenn was playing the intro on the stage of "You Won't Feel A Thing" Danny popped out somewhere in the Lowerbox section and everyone was screaming and shouting and jealousing? LOL. But really that fan beside him when he showed up must have a heart attack! He walked from the lowerbox section to the stage! I was keeping myself from jumping by the way. The wave of fans is crashing him, but he's still smiling and singing!

Finally, "Hall of Fame" baby! Confetties everywhere, beautiful white confetties yehey.  Then they were gone. :( The crowd is cheering for them to come back... and they did!


Finally, part 2: "Good Ol Days" I think they were really drunk! They played this song 1st and last. Really cool. Wonder if that's what they did in other countries too! Hope not, Manila is special. LOL. and that capped off the whole show. I am crying and I am so happy!

We took pictures after and went off to EDSA Shangrila to stalk. Other fans were also there, when it was 1:30 already, we decided to check the back door and the guard told us they were in the pool side. Damn we missed them. So we went to the pool side, and Mark Sheehan came out! When I heard his voice I asked him if we could have a picture with him and he said yes. I ran to him and his arms are wide open so I jumped in to hug me! and he smells so good with a touch of alcohol. LOL. But still. I JUST HUGGED MARK SHEEHAN!!!! We didn't see Danny and Glenn but our 2-hour wait for the boys to show up is worth it!




This night is perfect! Amazing concert by an amazing band and just the perfect concert buddies to add flavor to our night. I went home smiling at 3 AM :)


No comments:

Post a Comment