Thursday, January 31, 2013

Foster The People Live in Manila 2012

What do you think was the best concert in 2012 and why?

The day my ears succumb to Foster The People's music I already knew, this band will ruin my life.

October 6, 2012 marked in my calendar as the best day of my hipster life ever. That whole day Foster Kids from around the Philippines screamed at each other's faces, ran around EDSA's boundary line and slapped everyone to wake up and to  "get a damn hold of yourself girl!"

What happened during the daylight:


FTP Kids waiting for EDSA Shang to open

then....

ALBUM SIGNING AASDFGHJKLQWERTYI (x)


snacks! snacks!
(by this time we just can't actually believe we're still alive)

And finally the highlight of this super-kaduper-awesome day!!!

THE CONCERT!! YAY YAY! *jumps off building


From our seats, we can see everyone, and we're so stunned that many people are actually fans of Foster The People too. I thought that my friends and I are some kind of cave men hiding and just came out because of the concert. 

That electric feeling of every song they played is surreal. We can't believe that they're really performing before us. Everyone is dancing and singing. It's like the biggest party for Foster Kids. I wasn't able to record a descent video though because I'm screaming and at the same time dancing, so the video was shaky and you would only hear me shouting. 

My favorite song is Houdini, but the most unforgettable song they played was Call It What You Want. Mark made us sing the "oooh ooooh" part. And in that moment I felt like I discovered a new world with these awesome people around me even though we honestly suck at singing (but Mark said we were great!). And I swear I'd really jump in that world and live there. 


Call It What You Want - FOSTER THE PEOPLE Live in Manila 2012 (x)



The light effects is so pretty, maybe it has a life on its own and that it's also having fun with us. Every time it flashes on the audience I can see some are jumping and standing on their seats. And I wonder what my face looked like when the lights flashes on us, maybe my face was scary, but that only meant I was having fun.

My friends and I never sat down, we sang and dance in every song and it was really a wild night for us. Who would've thought I could dance and sing with glow stick in my right hand and a camera on my left. All of us showed our hidden talent that night I believe, like your guts to raise your iPad in the air and never worry if the people behind you can see something or not, I truly envy their talent.

Bitterness aside, I can't blame them if they want to capture Mark's humping on the keyboard, Ponsi's muscle tightening with every hit on the drums, Cubbie's whooshing bangs while playing the bass, Sean's great talent on stroking that guitar and of course Isom's tete a tete with his maracas. And I'm like a stage mother on my seat that is so so proud of my boys.

The last song they played was Pumped Up Kicks remix, and I instantly felt that the end is near since it's the most popular track on their album. Even though the chorus repeated like a hundred times we just kept singing and hoping that maybe, just maybe, this won't have to end after all.

Unfortunately the concert ended, but my life just started. After the concert we met other wonderful fans and we shared the same feelings of dying but actually living the shit out of our lives because of what we experienced. My love for music got serious, I never thought that I could thank the existence of these magnificent creators of music just by attending their gigs and buying their songs. And I'm quite sure now of what career I would pursue when I graduated college. Finally, I'm so thankful of the friends I earned, they are just, I can't even, okay they're perfect.

 So the question why is it the best concert in 2012 is certainly answerable to another question, what if that night didn't happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment